INTRO INTO MODELING WITH AMY SIMON
Hi, I’m Amy Simon and I’ve been a model and actress for over 25 years. I have worked on numerous commercials, infomercials, hosted shows, have shot countless print jobs, have recorded lots of voice overs and have had lead roles in films. Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I can’t believe I get paid to do what I love! I get to meet amazing people, travel to beautiful places, and create wonderful memories. I just wrapped on a film that will be coming out in April called, My Name is Melissa.
Some of the companies I have been fortunate enough to work with are: Disney, Wrangler, Walmart, La-Z-Boy, Garmin, it cosmetics, At&t, Carnival and Princess Cruise Lines, Bahamas Tourism, SC Tourism,NC tourism, Four Seasons Hotel, Garnier Skin Care, One Hotel, Westin, Food Lion, and many more. But when I was starting out at just 19 years old I was extremely shy and insecure. I honestly had no clue what I was doing and no one to really help me or show me the way. So, that’s why I decided to start offering workshops and coaching. So I can help others and teach them what I have learned over the years. I believe it’s never too soon or too late to get started so that’s why my workshops and coaching are for kids and adults.
The industry has changed over the years and is more diversified and that’s a good thing and it’s good time to get started. So come check out the workshop! Try something new, meet & great people, get some beautiful photos, and most importantly have fun! We will all learn and do this together in a relaxed, no pressure environment. Invest in yourself you’ll be glad you did. I look forward to meeting you soon.
- What to expect when you show up for your first booking (a real paid modeling job)
- A brief intro about modeling
- Digitals (It’s what you will submit to the agencies)
- How to move, pose and gain confidence in front of the camera
- A link to all of your digitals with 48 hours of the class
- How to submit your digitals to the agencies
HOW TO SHOW UP AND WHAT TO BRING:
- Light/Natural makeup and bring your makeup bag for touchups
- Hair spray, hair ties, and bobby pins
- Wear black or blue jeans, or pants you feel comfortable in (form fitting is best)
- A fitted grey or black top (tank, t-shirt, bodysuit)
- Nude undergarments
- Heels, flats, or sneakers (heels are best)
- Clean nails, nude or light pink polish
- Minimal jewelry if any
- No logos, patterns or graphics
- Bring a few options of clothing that are cleaned and ironed
- If you feel comfortable please bring a bathing suit, and guys, bring boxer shorts or swim trunks.
Here are some workshop samples:
Digitals will include headshots, 3/4s and full body with a variety of poses and angles.
Modeling workshops are held in downtown Durham in our modern, welcoming, and commercial photography studio.