I offer a few different custom options for your headshot session:
- Essential – $175, packaged with 2 retouched images, session time is about 30 minutes. We cover 1 look (1 outfit and backdrop) excellent for updating an older headshot, or getting your first one!
- Portfolio – $295, packaged with 5 retouched images. 2 hour session for us to work on your portfolio, and build a few looks.
- Friend Sessions are available for $450. Ideal for 2-3 friends who want a couple looks each. Session is 3 hours and comes with 6 retouched images.
- Stylist Package – Ideal for anyone seeking multiple looks packaged with hair and makeup + stylist touchups throughout entire session, ideal for changing looks. Session package is $850 and lasts 4 hours, and comes packaged with 5 retouched images.
- Additional studio time can be added for 175 per hour. Just let me know ahead so I can block the time for you.
- Additional retouched images can be purchased for 35 each
Whether this is your first headshot, or you’re a seasoned professional, a new headshot can provide casting agents and directors with a fresh view of your look.
How I work
Once you come in to the studio, we will sit down and have a chat, so I can understand exactly what you hope to get out of the session. We’ll also go over the clothing items you brought, ideally for headshots we just need tops unless you also want to do some portraits. For tops, stick to solid colors, they work best, and stick to colors you know work well with your complexion. Also some colors can convey different messages, brighter colors work well for commercial looks, while the more muted colors can work well for more of a film look, but there’s also no exact science or rules, I like bending rules, and creating something unique for you is part of my goal set out for you.
Once we go over your wardrobe and what looks we will be creating, we’ll take some test shots to make sure everything from the lighting, backgrounds to any makeup you are wearing or changed, looks good, and everything looks the way you want it to look. We will preview the headshots on my monitor to help keep us on a good track, especially helpful if we are creating multiple looks. Photography can have many different effects, and the effect I want for you is to make sure you look like yourself.
Once the session is over, I will email you a proof gallery, typically the same day, where you can make your picks for retouching. It’s an easy and convenient way of making sure you select the absolute best headshots, and it gives you a chance to select more images on later date should you need additional images. Once you have the images selected, I will retouch them in a natural way. I don’t get rid of moles and scars, but I do help with bloodshot eyes, some basic teeth cleanup, skin blemishes and other temporary things that you absolutely don’t want in your headshot that you just invested in. All final images are stored online for a minimum of 1 year so you can download and retrieve them easily, and you can also print your 8x10s from the online gallery too.
If you have any other questions about my process, or an upcoming session, please write to me at email@example.com
Types of Actor Headshots
I specialize in headshots for all actors. Professional actor headshots, Broadway actor headshots, and commercial actor headshots are all taken with time and detail to emphasize your best qualities.
When it comes to commercial actor headshots, you want to come across as trustworthy to help sell products. Your look should make you approachable, warm, and friendly.
With actor and Broadway actor headshots, you want your authentic personality to shine through the photo while still looking professional.
Preparing for Actor Headshots
Choose the right clothing. This means avoiding logos and anything too flashy that will draw attention away from your face. Also, consider these dressing tips:
- Choose solid, neutral colors, or classic black.
- Wear comfortable clothing because it will show in your headshot if you’re not.
- Bring several outfits with you so that we can help you choose the best one.
- Iron all clothes; wrinkles in a photo are distracting. We also have steamers in studio.
Following these tips can assure you will have the best headshot possible.