Family Portraits You’ll Cherish Forever
Do yourself a favor, and be sure to take family pictures every once in a while.
Taking family pictures is one of the most important things you can do to celebrate and honor your beautiful family. Family portraits bring the family together, commemorates love and joy, brings comfort in the hard times, and produces memories you’ll deeply cherish forever.
That’s why we’re here to provide beautiful, priceless family portraits in Chapel Hill that last a lifetime. Once you see your stunning family portraits hanging on the walls of your home, you’ll be super glad you chose Daniel Turbert Photography for the most exceptional family pictures around.
Family Portrait Photography with Daniel Turbert
Daniel skillfully considers every single aspect of your family portrait to produce the best, most authentic photograph possible. With his photojournalism skills and exceptional artistic eye, Daniel has created his signature “in the moment” approach, which he uses to perfectly capture the personality and authenticity of your family. So, your family portraits in the Chapel Hill area won’t be overly staged or forced, but fun, authentic, and bursting with your family’s personality!
During your session, Daniel will help your entire family feel at ease and comfortable. He’ll help you with posing, expressions, and everything else to ensure you look and feel your best. He’ll also ensure every technical detail, like lighting and composition, is perfectly up to par. Once the session is over, we’ll put the finishing touches on your family portraits with our exceptional editing, leaving you with thoughtfully created and lovely family pictures you’ll forever cherish.
Family Portrait Ideas
When it comes to family portraits, there’s lots of different ideas for you to choose from! Keep it traditional or add some extra excitement into your session with these ideas.
- Let your family pet(s) in on the fun, too, and include them in your portraits
- Recreate old family photos
- Visit a park and capture a family ball game
- Wear matching onesies or pajamas
- Have your family dress up and recreate a movie scene
- Include fun props, like a photo frame or Starbucks cups
- Go for the more rustic look with family portraits at an old mill or barn
- Do a seasonal shoot
- Winter – Take pictures in the snow or use Christmas props.
- Spring – Take pictures outside with beautiful spring flowers or use Easter props.
- Summer – Take pictures at the beach or have a fun picnic shoot.
- Fall – Take pictures at a classic, fall spot, like a cornfield, or use fall props, like pumpkins and leaves.
These are just a few ideas for family portraits around Chapel Hill, but more ideas will be posted on our blog. So, be sure to stay tuned! You can also reach out to our creative professionals for more ideas for your family.
A very professional and pleasant experience for people like me who are not comfortable in front of the camera. Daniel explained the whole process very well, and was very responsive. Great photos in a very short time.
Absolutely loved my maternity shoot with Daniel. Hes a terrific photographer with wonderful quality work. Worry every penny!
Fantastic experience and wonderfully executed session. Daniel is talented, committed to the final product, and dedicated to his craft – a true artist. Thanks so much for the great results!
I’m very pleased with the photos Daniel took. I needed a headshot for my upcoming book, and Daniel did a wonderful job. He is professional and pleasant, and was happy to answer my questions before and during the session. An excellent photographer.
This was a great experience, and I’m very happy with the photos for my online portfolio!
I had the amazing opportunity to work with Daniel for my 37th birthday photoshoot. He was able to execute my vision perfectly! I had no experience in front of a camera but Daniel and his team made me feel so comfortable.
Daniel made me feel at ease. He is very skilled in bringing out your best image and his product is exceptional!
Full disclosure, I do not have much experience with professional photography, but even I could tell Daniel is a phenomenal one. He was professional, friendly, and helpful throughout the process. I thoroughly recommend him.
What to Wear for Family Portraits
Deciding what to wear for family portraits doesn’t have to be difficult! Ultimately, we recommend that everyone wears something they feel comfortable in. We also recommend sticking with one outfit, as wardrobe changes with children can be quite a hassle! To make your family portraits in Chapel Hill cohesive and appealing here’s some more tips and ideas to help.
- Match Your Outfits. Family portraits with matching outfits always come together seamlessly. If you want to keep your family portraits simple, simply have everyone’s outfits match. For example, you can have everyone wear dark-washed jeans and a solid white top. Or, have everyone wear white jeans and maybe the same plaid shirt. With lots of services now online that specialize in matching family attire, it’s luckily not too difficult to get all the outfits on one accord.
- Choose a Color Palette. Another simple way to have your family portraits look super cohesive is by choosing a color palette. You’ll want to choose a palette that has 3-5 coordinating colors, some of which are neutral and some of which are bolder. If you need some ideas, Pinterest has a ton for you!
- Go With Themed Outfits. Like we mentioned above, another idea is to make your family portrait a little more exciting by dressing up as your favorite characters and recreating a movie scene.
If you need more advice on what to wear for your family portraits in Chapel Hill, we’d be happy to help!
Family Portrait Photography Locations
Fortunately, there are lots of gorgeous spots in and around Chapel Hill that make the perfect backdrops for family portraits. Some of them are:
- Coker Arboretum
- Duke Gardens
- Maple View Farm
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- Duke University
- Raleigh Rose Garden
- NC Art Museum
- Pullen Park
- Jordan Lake State Recreation Area
- North Carolina Botanical Gardens
These are just a few of the numerous locations that are awesome for family portraits. If none of the above are ideal for you, we’ll work with you to determine the perfect location for your family.
Schedule Your Family Portrait Photography Session
If you have any questions or concerns about our outstanding family portraits in Chapel Hill, we’d love to hear from you! Or, if you’re ready to schedule your session, give us a call to do so today. You can reach us at 919-251-6128 or by filling out the form below.