Boudoir photography is a wonderful way to celebrate the beautiful being that you are and take a step outside your comfort zone. The word Boudoir is French for a women’s private room or bedroom.
So, boudoir photography captures and celebrates women’s more vulnerable appearances that are typically reserved for these private spaces. It creates something timeless, special, and unique that honors how fabulous you really are.
Whether you’re looking to engage in a self-love experience, embrace your seductive side, or create a series for someone special, we’re here to help you feel and look your best, as we create boudoir photos that you’ll cherish for years to come.
Boudoir Photography Sessions with Daniel Turbert
Boudoir photography with us is an exceptional, empowering, and exciting experience unlike any other. With a professional background in fine arts and photography, I aim to perfectly accommodate your desires to create stunning shots.
The first steps with our boudoir photography in Durham are to schedule your session and have a consultation. During the consultation, we’ll decide on things like the location; the vibe of the shoot; your outfits; and your hair and makeup, before creating an inspiration board just for you. Sessions can be held at our studio in Durham or at another location of your choosing, such as a hotel or Airbnb. If you choose to shoot at our studio, we offer multiple headboards and backdrops, many of which have been custom painted by hand. With our variety of props, we can set the stage however you prefer it, from an old-world charm – complete with rugs, chairs, chandeliers, and accessories – to modern and simplified. We also provide a variety of scenes, from a casual “just got out of bed” look to nighttime, sexy, and sultry looks. Just choose the looks you want, bring your lingerie and attire, and we’ll handle the rest.
If you’re a little nervous beforehand, don’t worry; that’s completely normal. However, since feeling comfortable is the key to a great session, we recommend that you check out our blog, do a little research, and give us a call to ease the nerves.
Boudoir photography is not a “one size fits all” thing, so it’s important that you feel completely comfortable with your photographer.
How Boudoir Photography Sessions Work
Now that everything has been scheduled and decided, it’s time for the fun to begin! The first step during your session is to ensure you feel safe and comfortable. We’ll help you relax, loosen up, laugh a little, and feel thoroughly appreciated and understood. Trust us, you’ll feel confident and empowered in no time!
Throughout the entirety of the session, I will coach you through it to help you look and feel your best, whether this is your first time in front of a camera or you’re a pro. Your session will last anywhere between a couple hours to 6 hours, depending on several factors, like the look you’re going for and whether you want our professionals to take care of your hair and makeup for you. At the end of the session, you’ll have had so much fun, that you’ll have wished you scheduled your boudoir session sooner!
After your session, our meticulous editing process begins. We want your boudoir photos to be as extraordinary as possible, so our editing process takes some time. However, the unparalleled results are absolutely worth it.
What Occasions Are Good for Boudoir Photography Sessions
There are a number of occasions that provide the perfect opportunity to work with a boudoir photographer. Such as…
- Wedding. Give your partner a wedding gift that’ll blow them away with boudoir photography! Many women love to surprise their partner with a boudoir book after the ceremony or on the honeymoon. It’s a fantastic gift they won’t see coming!
- Anniversary. A boudoir session makes a wonderful, unique, and surprising anniversary gift that your partner will surely cherish forever.
- Long-Distance Relationship or Long Work Trip. On occasions where you might be separated from your loved one, boudoir photos are a perfect gift to let them know you’re thinking of them and rekindle the intimacy. After all, what could be better than a surprise book when they’re really missing you most?
- Valentine’s Gift. What would make a better Valentine’s Day gift than a series of boudoir photos?
- Birthday. Give a special birthday gift to a special someone or make it your own birthday gift by celebrating your inner and outward beauty.
- A Day to Celebrate YOU. Boudoir photography is the perfect way to just celebrate and cherish yourself. Whether you’re celebrating a life milestone, weight loss, personal victory, or just embracing how awesome you are, boudoir photos are a unique and awesome way to honor YOU.
Regardless of what specifically brings you into a boudoir session, the experience is truly empowering and honoring, and we believe you’ll be super glad you choose to do so.
Book Our Boudoir Photography Studio in Durham Today to Celebrate YOU!
Every woman deserves a boudoir session to feel empowered and confident, and to celebrate how beautiful they are. Whether you’re looking to schedule one for yourself or to create the perfect gift for a special someone, our boudoir photographer in Durham is ready to work with you. If you have any questions or concerns or are ready to schedule your session today, don’t hesitate to contact us now!